Why You’re Here
If you’re like most people, you’re dealing with something – and you could use a little help.
- It could be you are feeling stuck, overwhelmed, worn out, and just tired of trying.
- Perhaps someone you trust has suggested you might want to talk to someone.
- Or perhaps you know there is a better version of you within to discover, reconnect with and express.
No matter what you’re dealing with, it’s important to find a therapist who is the right fit for you.
What You Can Expect
In our first session, we’ll consider what you would like to gain from therapy. I will listen to you. Together we’ll set specific goals to set you up for success. Together, we may build solutions for you that include:
- Addressing something from your past that is getting in the way of your present
- Building a toolbox of skills to cope with anxiety and life challenges
- Your willingness to examine and to challenge your inner dialogue
- Reducing the energy any relationship issues or other concerns consume
- Using your therapist as a trusted advisor to talk about a loss or your own self-doubts without the worry of burdening others with your mix of feelings
Of course, everything will be done confidentially and with your complete agreement.
How I’ll Help You
As a clinical social worker with over 20 years experience, I would find it an honor to share this journey with you. It is my intention to create a safe environment in which you can heal, grow and find more joy in your life.
My experience will help you with your challenges: my counseling skills include
- Helping women navigate life transitions
- Working with teens seeking meaningful social connections and self-definition
- Supporting people suffering from the results of trauma, including childhood trauma, addiction, grief, sexual trauma, loss, and relationship betrayal
My professional practice has included clinical work at the University of Utah Hospital and Clinics; Primary Care Family Therapy Clinics; Salt Lake Child and Family Therapy Clinic; and Adolescent Day Care/Children’s Behavior Therapy Unity, Salt Lake Valley Mental Health. I am also the founder and owner of Adoptive Family Assessments.
In my community, my volunteer experiences over the last 35 years include serving actively in my Church as a full-time missionary, youth and adult instructor; leader of young women and adult women; presenter at BYU Women’s Conference; school volunteer and community builder; and founding Board Member of GreenTREE Yoga of Utah, a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to bringing the healing benefits of yoga to underserved populations, focusing on people who have experienced trauma.
Let’s talk and determine how I can help you be the best version of you!